Using knowledge of the geological past and Quaternary landforms, photo-interpreters can identify potential borrow sources in often difficult-to-access areas, assess their composition and estimate the volumes of material they contain while taking into account any constraints on operation.
- Borrow source identification and characterization
- Exploration programs planning and execution
- Preparation of certificate of authorization and lease applications
- Preparation of impact studies and exemption requests
- Preparation of restoration and closure plans for deposits and quarries